I'm not a terrific cook, but I have learned to prepare a handful of fool-proof of apps and main courses over the years. I also have a short attention span for cooking, so I need my recipes to be quick, simple, and of course taste good. It took me a while to create the type of hummus that I like (smooth, creamy, light, bright tasting, and versatile)
- 16oz of chickpeas (I get Eden's Organics)
- 8oz of cannellini beans (Eden again)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- juice from 1 whole lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp of water if needed
- Salt/pepp to taste
STEPS TO MAKE:
- Toss everything into a blender
- Blend until desired creaminess
- Taste and add more salt, lemon, garlic or whatever you like if needed - you can also add your own flare and include dill, roasted red pepper, siracha, other cooked vegetables, etc.
- Blend again
What can you serve this with?
- Pita bread or any bread - toasted or just warmed
- Chopped vegetables
- In a sandwich
- Or straight up!